October 27, 2011

Raw Living

I have had a lot of people contact me with questions about how my Raw Food Challenge is going and so forth and I've been meaning to write about how I am feeling and doing so far. First off I am so glad my Mom and Dad are doing it with me!! Even though they are in Az it helps to know they are just a phone call away and nice to get ideas from them.

So Saturday Oct 22 was the first day! So this is day 6 and I am feeling awesome! My taste buds are already changing I know this because I tried to cheat and I attempted to eat a candy corn and ended up spitting it out cause it was soo sweet and gross! I honestly thought this was going to be really hard and that I was going to be hungry and want "normal" foods but really I have not been hungry often I have to remind myself that its about time to eat something. I can't eat as much all at one time either. My Salad portions have had to be smaller than I usally make them because I can't finish them I am so stuffed!  So you might think what do I use for dressing then?..well I have put a roma tomatoe in a food processor thing and lime juice and spices for one dressing, guacamole for another one I  just put an avocado, lemon or lime juice, salt and veggie broth ( dr jensens) blend it up and put it on my salad. or I use lemon juice that was yummy i had avocado's on my salad and it was good with the lemon juice. i have put a roma tomatoe and avocado and blended them together also and it's yummy dressing :)

In the morning I drink at least 2 Boise State cups of water ( I don't know the oz on them lol ) before I eat something in the AM. Then I either have a green smoothie or a fruit smoothie or just eat fruit the other day I was really wanting a salad so I ate that for breakfast :)

Snacks I have had:

Pear, cashews, almonds, pineapple, half an avocado( and the other half i make into dressing), I made some "peanut butter cookies" aka almond butter, honey and ground almonds and freeze them. very yummy, raw onion flax crackers, raspberries and almond pulp from my nut  milk..so yummy!

Lunch: salads romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, parsley, calantro, tomotoes , bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, celery, sunflower seeds... get creative and change it up I usally don't put all of this in one but I combined and mix between these :)

Dinner- fruit salad, or a lettuce salad, I haven't made them yet but carrot cashew sandwhich are yummy! use romaine lettuce as the "bread" and a slice of tomatoe and onion with the carrot cashew mix ( carrots and cashew are blended up in the vita mix or champion juicer) i've had raw califlower "mashed potatoes"  but used it as a veggie dip and that was gross but i knew it was healthy.


I love fruits and Veggies! all different kinds so eating so much of these in a day doens't bother me at all! I love avocados and tomatoes and pears and apples and nuts! raw cashews are so much better tasting to me than roasted ones. growing up we always had raw cashews and almonds and I would rather eat those raw than have the roasted I like them better that way.

I'll put some pictures up of my Crackers I made last night with the dehydrater. you can use a dehydrater as long as you never heat over 105.

1 comment:

BMC said...

WOW you look amazing! I should just call you INSPIRATION! Seriously Brittany. Good job, congrats on being #1! Lance is a lucky man!