October 6, 2011

Just like the Movies, That's How it should be...

 So a family member wrote this to me after I showed them a youtube video of this song and I was very taken back by it ... 

"ya I watched it, not impressed. Could see how you like it though, it just has a very unhealthy message for those looking for the right one. Kinda like Twilight and the very unhealthy relationships that our wonderful youth are so into."

I'm a hopeless romantic and I always have been. I love that head over heels feeling you get when you fall in love. I love when scene's from your life make you feel like you're in a movie. First thing that comes to mind is kissing in the rain! Seriously total movie scene and when it happens in real life It's perfect "just like the movies".  and yes I do like Twilight I am not ashamed that for my birthday 2 years in a row we went applesbees and to the movies to watch Twilight and New Moon. but I wouln't say that the relationships are unhealthy.. and how is this song an unhealthy message for those looking for the right one? When you see your sweetheart from a distance and they smile at you and walk over and with out a word plants a soft kiss on your lips and you think that could and probably is a scene from a Movie!

I know life isn't always like the movies but I don't think this song has an unhealthy message. here are the lyrics its from Katy Perry "not like the movies"


He put it on me, I put it on,Like there was nothing wrong. It didn't fit, It wasn't right.
 Wasn't just the size. They say you know, When you know. I don't know. I didn't feel
the fairytale feeling, no. Am I a stupid girl For even dreaming that I could.


If it's not like the movies,That's how it should be, yeah.When he's the one,I'll come undone, And my world will stop spinning And that's just the beginning, yeah.

Snow white said when I was young, "One day my prince will come." So I wait for that date. They say its hard to meet your match, Find my better half. So we make perfect shapes. If stars don't align, If it doesn't stop time, If you cant see the sign, Wait for it.
One hundred percent, With every penny spent. He'll be the one that, Finishes your sentences.

If it's not like the movies,That's how it should be. when he's the one, He'll come undone, And my world will stop spinning, And that's just the beginning.


'Cause I know you're out there, And you're, you're looking for me. It's a crazy idea that you were made, Perfectly for me you'll see.

Just like the movies. That's how it will be. Cinematic and dramatic with the perfect ending. It's not like the movies, But that's how it will be. When he's the one,
You'll come undone, And your world will stop spinning, And it's just the beginning.

I know life ain't always a Fairytale but I guess I think thats how it should be. I feel like I got my Fairytale. I found my better half and I think we were made for eachother. I felt like I was in a movie. My own love story. So why can't others have that feeling?

No comments: