September 9, 2011

Flash Back Friday's!

Okay so I'm having Flash Back Fridays :) Today's Flash Back is September 11. 2001

It just seems fitting with the 10th anniversary on Sunday.


I remember that day like it was yesterday I was in 8th Grade and woke up just like any other day when the phone rang which was odd because it was like 6:30 am I was in the bathroom getting ready and  my Dad answered it and I heard him say  turn on the TV! and then I remember him saying " Oh My goodness!" I walked into their bedroom to see what the fuss was about and soon my Sisters followed. To be honest I had no idea what the Trade Center Towers were but remembered seeing them on Friends...it wasn't until my Dad told me what they were that I realized this was very serious!I still wasn't sure exactly what was happening by this time only one plane had hit and we were watching in awe and then the newscaster started to talke about how it looks like another plane is coming and watching it hit the second tower we couldn't believe it! It was like watching a horrible war movie but instead we were watching real life. We watched them fall and I remember crying because of the lives that were loss and whos lives would be changed forever. I was in such disbelief that this was really happening! We were late for school and when we got there  I remember Grant Haws our student body pres. had us all in student council pass out pins with american flags on them and no one knew what the heck was going on in every room the tv was on watching the news  we had an extra long moment of silient for those in New York and that day it seemed more students were aware of the  words we say in the Pledge of Allegance and it sounded louder to me as if maybe today it was just because it was routine but everyone was pledging their Allegance to America and  had a little more respect for Our Flag and our Country. That afternoon came and in English class Mrs Sheppard had us write about where we were when we heard what was going on and how we feel and what not she went on to talk about the day she was in school and a teacher came runnign down the hall screaming the President has been shot ( John F. Kennedy) and how she will never forget that day and how she wanted us to write about this day because she knew this day was going to be a day that we and America will never forget and that it will be a story to tell our children and our childrens children.... I think that is what has helped me remember it better. My Mom picked us up from school and that evening we just sat and watched the news. I remember later I think it was a week maybe 2 weeks at the CMA awards we watched and listened to Alan Jackson's proformance of him sitting playing the guitar singing " where were you when the world stoped turing" and I remember me and my sisters crying as he sang the song he wrote after September 11th. My heart goes out to every one who lost a loved one that day. and my heart goes out to every Solider and their families who are Serving our Country and I pray for their safety and that they and their familes will be watched over.  Regardless of what politicans are doing  and debates that  are going on I hope we all remember that we are all Americans we need to be united and remember just how blessed we are to be living in the Big Red, White and Blue The United States of America.
 Land of the free and Home of the Brave.

No comments: